FIOS internet is down - how to request repairs?
pgmmpk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys, 

My FIOS internet is down since sunday. The problem is outside the house (optical link is down)

Tried to get to customer support via phone - no luck (strike)

Please give me some pointers - I need to open a repair ticket or somehow get to a technical support asap

Thanks,

-Mike

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS internet is down - how to request repairs?
pgmmpk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, reporting the result of all my struggles

1. Got thru to the chat support (after about 1hour waiting). They of course can not schedule repairs, because there are no "available slots" (strike)

2. Its possible to get to a live person via phone, need to navigate to "Disconnect" service. Of course, no technical help there. But at least I was able to disconnect (not working) FIOS internet.

Thanks everyone for reading this

Bye bye FIOS, I am heading back to the (horrible) Comcast

View solution in original post

tns
Master - Level 2

You should be able to open a ticket from my verizon.  Obviously not from you home internet, but since you posted here you must have found another way to access.

pgmmpk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for suggestion. But it does not help.

I see nothing helpful on myverizon.com.

www.verizon.com/repair suggests downloading a "Troubleshooting Agent" that "will allow to easily open a repair ticket". 

Since I have total connection loss this is not a sensible path (why would I want to troubleshoot my employer's connection - its just fine).

Please, point me to a link that will allow to contact a technical support team (via e-mail, chat, or whatever).

Regards,

Mike

Justin46
Legend

At the bottom of every Verizon web page is a series of links, one of which is Contact Us, which will take you to a page where a number of options are available. Now with the strike in progress I have no idea how responsive anything will be, I have not had any need to contact support. If chat is available, that seems to be a pretty good option, at least from what I have seen posted. I have seen pretty bad reports about using the email option, it seems like all anybody gets back is boilerplate.

Good luck.

Keller, TX 76248 

pgmmpk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, reporting the result of all my struggles

1. Got thru to the chat support (after about 1hour waiting). They of course can not schedule repairs, because there are no "available slots" (strike)

2. Its possible to get to a live person via phone, need to navigate to "Disconnect" service. Of course, no technical help there. But at least I was able to disconnect (not working) FIOS internet.

Thanks everyone for reading this

Bye bye FIOS, I am heading back to the (horrible) Comcast

millesime1962
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very similary issue. Lost service last Friday and had to schedule a tech visit for this Thursday, even though it is clear that the issue is NOT inside the house, but somewhere outside. Because Verizon is incapable of tracking the issue down, its solution is for me to lose a 1/2 say of work. What added salt to the wound was the time it took to report the issue, because it would not let me report the issue online. This was a problem before the strike and will continue to be a problem.

Funny thing is once you get to a live body, the people are really nice. So you have great people smoothing out issues and no one is addressing the root cause of the problem.

Why can't Verizon be like PECO? If there is an outage, they let you report via phone automatically, know how many people are affected an keep you updated.

If it weren't for the hassle of changing the phone line number, I would be going to comcast as well.

maximuskid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seem like alot of people can't take or wait for customer service and rather go back to Comcast? I'm going to be leaving Comcast because of their horrible crappy services. If you're going back to Comcast for their internet then I wish you luck because ain't no way I want to be on a 250GB cap.

klim231

well im waiting repair services sinces july 1 still no repair 

reschedules by verizon 3 time still no tech show up and i am so **bleep** up and holding phone call 20min for reach customer service rep . 

0 Likes