FIOS Internet Tech Support
XYZabc1

Anyone have a good idea how to get FIOS tech support?  The "Contact Us" page says Live Chat is not an option.  When you click on the  email option,  the email page it says email is not available for Internet help, use live chat.  Throws you into a circular loop.  Has anyone ever actually spoken to someone live?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet Tech Support
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm guessing the 888-number listed under the "Contact Us / Call Us" page for FiOS TV and Internet doesn't meet your needs for some reason?

1-888-881-8161

0 Likes
XYZabc1

Well, that is what I was wondering, despite their "contact us" options, is the phone really the only way to get Internet support?

0 Likes
JoelOB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calling is the best way, you may have to sit on hold but at least its better than a IM chat session.

I talked via my cellphone to someone at Verizon Fios support three weeks ago when my FioS went down DEAD... had to go cell phone since the internet and home phone were out too.

Even though the ONT (the big white box the fiber feeds into) leds lights said it didn't have connectivity to a fiber signal (Led was Red connecivity fail, but passed start up BIT), the tech still wasted 40 minutes of my time having me repeat all the things I had already done (cycling power, resting router, etc).  By that time it was 530pm, and by then he could only leave message with his own in-house maintenance guys to schedule a next day service call since they all went home at 5pm.

XYZabc1

Wow, thanks for the feedback, not so encouraging.

So much for Corporate savings by using current technologies....

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually since you seem to want to chat electronically ... I just tried that avenue.

Selected Contact Us, Live Chat, FiOS Internet and TV, Tech Support, and then selected "slow connection" just as a test.    Filled in the request account info and hit chat.  A seperate window popped up to the chat service (make sure your popup blocker isn't killing it) and about 30 seconds later I was chatting with someone named Venu who was more than willing to help me with my "slow connection" problem.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I've used the Live Chat option many times, and it's my preferred method of contacting Tech Support. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you, but I know it's supposedly not available in all areas. I'm in Texas, and I've never had a problem with it. *shrug*

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@somegirl wrote:

I've used the Live Chat option many times, and it's my preferred method of contacting Tech Support. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you, but I know it's supposedly not available in all areas. I'm in Texas, and I've never had a problem with it. *shrug*

It is not available in all areas at all times. I tried last night at 9:48 and it said 8am-10pm. I guess their clock was off. I too like the chat as a way to check the status of an issue such as Email servers.

0 Likes