Fios is in my building - so why doesn't Verizon know that?
HShea

Last month Verizon installed Fios in my 8 unit condo and currently has one of the unit owners outfitted with and paying for service.  Upon install, the engineer told my fellow condo association trustee (the one with the service) that the building was now ready for all other units to schedule service.

So I called to schedule my install.  I have had three discussions with Verizon customer service reps in the past week: Mark, Colleen, and Miss Belle (apparently no one has full names.) The issue is that the Verizon "systems" indicate that our address is blocked.  This is clearly not true given that someone in the building is currently paying for service.  On 11/30 I was told that a request was being submitted to an engineer who could verify and allow install.  Today I followed up, and once again the system has no new information about this situation since last week.

The final word from customer service is that they have submitted the engineer request.  They have no ability to follow up on this request.  There is no way for me to follow up on it either.  When I asked if I should call customer service back in a week, I was told no, it was out of their hands, and with the engineers.  "I might see a service unit stop by my property at some point."  Nor can they provide me with any timing on when said engineering department may get back to me.

I asked Miss Belle if I could speak to a manager, however there are none on staff at 5:30p on a Friday for the entire customer service department at Verizon.  She took down my contact information - I'm sure someone will get right back to me.

Verizon, you have already outfitted our building.  Myself and 6 other residents are trying to give you our business, which is already provided to my neighbor 20 feet down the hall.   Because this is the only other way I can figure to submit this request after my so far customer service dead ends, if at all possible I would highly appreciate someone further looking into this issue. {edited for privacy}

Just trying to buy your service.

HShea

0 Likes
Re: Fios is in my building - so why doesn't Verizon know that?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HShea,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with with getting FiOS or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
azya

I have the same issue.  I have called customer support and had multiple tickets open to at least get a explanation.  I have repeatedly been told that the system says my address is blocked.  I have previously had FIOS at this address and moved for a few months, upon moving back, I am now being told FIOS is not offered at my address.  During the time I was not living here my tenants also had FIOS service.  Other units in the community and even in the same building have FIOS service.  I have called multiple times and even gone into the local Verizon store.  Each time I am told a ticket will be opened to a engineer and I will be contacted.  I have been told by one rep that FIOS is physically blocked, not sure what that means.  Another said that all the connections are being used.  Another said that there are currently upgrades being done in the area and they didn't put in enough connections.  I would just like a explanation that makes sense.  I do know of at least one other unit that would like to have service and is getting the same run around as myself.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

azya,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Azya,

We are happy to help but will not be able to continue working on this case without further input from you. As we have not had any contact despite multiple requests for updates from you we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
azya

Can this case be reopened. I was never contacted by anyone from the engineering team.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your private support case. 

Please follow my instructions above on how to access your case and interact with the support agents.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell Prevost

0 Likes
rudra
Enthusiast - Level 2
Every FiOS port has a capability to support a limited no. of connections from the node. If the number of connections possible have already been provided on your building, it is definitely possible that your apartment is not able to get FiOS. Are you aware of the total no. of connections that are installed in your location???
0 Likes