Fios is one block away - HELP I MUST have FIOS
LydiaBBH

I have been trying to get FIOS to my new house and have had no communication from Verizon about it. I have called and requested it. There is FIos literally half a block away from me. Please please help!!! I work in film and TV and can not work from home without at least 500 down AND UP.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios is one block away - HELP I MUST have FIOS
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

You're best bet is to ask Verizon's Social Media support team to open a "FAST" ticket.  Sometimes their engineering records have mistakes.  A FAST ticket will cause them to check their engineering records to determine if FiOS is available for your address.  You can reach them by tweeting @verizonsupport or posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Both methods go to the same team; choose based on if you prefer to post or tweet.

Note that if you live just over the edge of a FiOS service area, a FAST ticket won't change anything.  You won't be able to get FiOS unless Verizon decides to expand service to your neighborhood.  In all my years of seeing questions like yours, I've never seen any method that will influence Verizon to extend service to an area or premise they hadn't already planned to cover.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

For sales inquiries, you need to contact the Fios sales department.

From a technical perspective, the nearest GPON splitter box may be full (due to serving your neighbors), so your house cannot receive a fiber from the splitter.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

You're best bet is to ask Verizon's Social Media support team to open a "FAST" ticket.  Sometimes their engineering records have mistakes.  A FAST ticket will cause them to check their engineering records to determine if FiOS is available for your address.  You can reach them by tweeting @verizonsupport or posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Both methods go to the same team; choose based on if you prefer to post or tweet.

Note that if you live just over the edge of a FiOS service area, a FAST ticket won't change anything.  You won't be able to get FiOS unless Verizon decides to expand service to your neighborhood.  In all my years of seeing questions like yours, I've never seen any method that will influence Verizon to extend service to an area or premise they hadn't already planned to cover.