Fios issues connecting to google
beatsarebroken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started about 2am EDT last night.  All of my google devices went offline and I cannot reach any google services, such as drive, youtube, or search.  Found only a handful of people on twitter indicating a similar problem but my cousin in a neighboring city with Fios has the same exact issue.

Reached out to Fios support and they told me the following:

"there's an on-going issue with google websites in our servers that causes them to oveload and get a connection timed out error. We're currently trying to fix the issue as we speak and we'll get back with you once the servers are up."

I'm guessing this is an issue with verizion caching servers?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fios issues connecting to google
AG73

The same is happening to my home network. This morning I had to talk with a Fios representative because I couldn't access almost anything on internet. He reset the router. Now I can connect to most internet sites, excepting Google servers, including Gmail, which is really bad for my work.

Thank you for letting me know. I thought it was only my router the one with a problem.

0 Likes
Re: Fios issues connecting to google
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Everybody go to your router and check whether IPv6 was rolled out overnight!

resolved?
beatsarebroken
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see that ipv6 has been rolled out to my device, at least.  However, the issue with being able to access google services resolved itself at EXACTLY 24 hours after it started.  Curious.  TTL? Unscheduled change?  Who knows.