Fios: My neighbor can get it but I can't??
tjumper78
I currently reside in Palisades Park, NJ (07650). Fios is not available where I live currently but I know that it is available in some areas of the town.  I am moving to a new house within the same town next week. The address of the new place is 12 E. W*** Place. Palisades Park, NJ 07650.

I checked the Fios availability for my new place and it said not available. However, when I typed 21 E. W*** Place by mistake, it said Fios was available.  That led me to  check the Fios availability for the addresses between 12 and 21, and I found out that Fios was available for 15 E. W*** Place and above (16, 17, 18 and so on). Tough luck I guess. Then when I saw the street number of the house on the next door, it was 18!  And all the boxes and wires are placed on the electricity pole right outside my new house, and they are going into my neighbors house! (although I do not know if theyre for Fios).. Basically, my neighbor can be enjoying Fios while I am struggling to surf simple websites with Time Warner Cables slow internet (TWC is having all sorts of problems in this area).
Am I just out of luck? Or could this be some kind of engineering mistake on Verizon
s system? Is there any specific telephone number (Verizons) that I can call to discuss this matter? When I spoke with a Fios customer service rep, he basically said I was out of luck and I just had to wait until they installed Fios by my new house.  Of course, he had no idea when it would be installed, and he sounded like he just wanted to get off the phone.  He was no so professional but I wont go into details about that.
Any suggestions or advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Brian K.

0 Likes
Re: Fios: My neighbor can get it but I can't??
tjumper78

Just wanted to make sure I had all the numbers correct before I called Verizon, so I did the Fios availability check on the website again.  This time, it was showing different information.

Fios not available for 12(my house), 13, 14, 18 but available for 15, 16, 17 E. W*** Place. 

A few minutes later, I tried it again.  This time, available for 12,13,14,15,16,18, but available for 17.

Why is the information contantly changing?  

0 Likes
Re: Fios: My neighbor can get it but I can't??
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3
It is very simple. It shows not available because they have not run the fiber onto the property. You will need to call them and place an order. They will then contact one of the call before you dig services to come out and mark where everything is, followed by having a crew run the actual fiber cable from the main line to your house. Once that is done it will now show it is available. I ran into that 3 years ago when I had my service installed.
0 Likes