Fios Network Extender-no wall jack
Gocats10028

I have Fios TV and high speed Internet. I am interested in getting the Fios network extender to support my existing Fios Quantum Gateway Router (G1100) for a second bedroom. The second bedroom has a second TV set top box that has a coax wire running into it, but no second set of coax or ethernet wall jacks. Will the Extender work solely wirelessly in an effective way, or do you need to have a set of wall jacks? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Network Extender-no wall jack
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be coax or ethernet, but since you already have a STB in there you can just use the two-port splitter and connect both the extender and STB. Only the newer extender can connect wirelessly. The older ones that work with the G1100 need coax or ethernet. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don’t need a set of wall jacks. Just a two-port splitter. Take the coax out of the box and connect to the splitter first. Then connect one out to the extender and the other out to the box. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Holland-Splitter-2-Way-MoCa-enabling-2-2150Mhz-DirecTV-Approved/633031428...

Gocats10028

Thanks for the information. That said, do I have to have either a coax or ethernet connection, or can the Network extender work completely wirelessly?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be coax or ethernet, but since you already have a STB in there you can just use the two-port splitter and connect both the extender and STB. Only the newer extender can connect wirelessly. The older ones that work with the G1100 need coax or ethernet.