Fios Network Extender
laurenbarth31

Hi,

I just got my network extender. My router is in the basement so I need it to improve the connection upstairs on the second floor of my house since it keeps cutting out. I don't have any coax outlets in my house so I need to hook up the extender via ethernet. When I plug in the ethernet. the lights on the extender are green and the network shows up on my laptop but it says No Internet. How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Network Extender
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you plug your laptop into the other ethernet port on the extender and see if you can get out. What router do you have in the basement? Did the extender clone the routers SSID and password?

0 Likes
laurenbarth31

I have the Quantum Gateway router in my basement.

It doesn't make a difference which port I plug the ethernet into. Both of them say No Internet. When I open the wifi connections on my laptop, it's labeled as "Unidentified network" and when I click on it, it opens the settings but it doesn't ask for the password.

0 Likes
laurenbarth31

When I click Diagnose, the message that it gives me is "ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration"

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model extender is it?

I believe Verizon extenders expect internet to come in via coax

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How about can you turn off wifi on your laptop. Take the extender down to the router and use a small ethernet cord to connect to it. Then plug your laptop into the other ethernet port on the extender. 

If you still can get out the reset extender in the back with a pen and try again. You should be able to get out. Once it is configured you should see it clone to your router's wifi. By default the wifi on extender will be HOME-xxxxx.

When you know it is done and you can get out move it back upstairs and try it again  

0 Likes