Fios not an option for sign-in
dadmau5

When I try to sign in to HBO GO it says I need to sign in through my internet service provider, but they do not have Fios listed at all.  What gives? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios not an option for sign-in
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I use the app on my Android phone, I scroll down and Verizon FIOS is on the list.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@dadmau5 wrote:

When I try to sign in to HBO GO it says I need to sign in through my internet service provider, but they do not have Fios listed at all.  What gives? 

Two possibilities. First Verizon Fios may not offer that ability, or Fios is listed under a different provider. Your login would be your account name and account password.

you can call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to a customer rep and find out.

Good Luck

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sure it does ... on mine it's bottom of the third column on the providers listing (Verizon with a red check mark).  There's no specific "FiOS" entry.

jonjones1
Legend

@lasagna wrote:

Sure it does ... on mine it's bottom of the third column on the providers listing (Verizon with a red check mark).  There's no specific "FiOS" entry.

Since I don't use cable or fios for tv I did not notice it. And when I scan on HBO Go its just a continous list in alphabet order. DirectTvNow is right there first. Which is what I use.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use HBOGO with no issue.

When I go to hbogo.com and click on upper right hand sign in I get this:image

Do you not get this page?

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I use HBOGO with no issue.

When I go to hbogo.com and click on upper right hand sign in I get this:image

Do you not get this page?

No I don't sign in through hbogo.com I use the HBOGo app on my iPads and Apple TV and iPhones and Roku devices. I have no need to access through my desktop or tablets. Then again it's the original poster that has the issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I use the app on my Android phone, I scroll down and Verizon FIOS is on the list.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Bingo! I scroll down but do not click as page after page. And there is a Verizon listing.

but I prefer DirectTVNOW because of the lower cost ( I cut the cord years ago from cable) $35 a month, no taxes and fees, no cost increases and over 120 stations+ and free HBO for a year. Then $5 extra a month there after. Was reading at the forum a new DVR feature is coming soon for free. 

0 Likes