Re: FIOS ONT Does Not Support Upgrade
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Verizon actually has to change an outside connection at a main box for the newer ONT. You definitely should be able to get your 75/75 with what you have. 

VA14

I am having the same issue and Verizon is not willing to budge on pricing until the upgrade can be done. It’s very shameful. Hours spent trying to reason and they are not about helping people in need during COVID, rather making money, shame on you Verizon. I’m putting warnings out there on all social media. 

0 Likes
Dartbowl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just noticed your post. I do not know if you finally got it all changed over in the last few months but I have the exact same ONT And router and get 75/75 as a listed speed.  According to the Verizon speed test I do get that as an actual speed when using the wired Ethernet cable to the computer.  The WiFi is around 20 to 25 for speed but it does have dead spots farther away in the house. So you should get at least this much since the unit can handle it.  They seem to play games with the different plans and that could be where they are getting you to pay more.  Good luck and I would keep calling and trying a different person.  
I once got a new cell phone and it took 6 months and about 50 phone calls to get my sale price which came when I started asking the reps name and location.

0 Likes