FIOS ONT Ethernet and MOCA Network
mrdizle

Hi, I previously had Optimum online. The hot coax coming into the house was split to multiple rooms. My Asus router, servers, and HDHomerun are in the basement and each room and the basement were connected with MOCA bonded adapters. I have no STBs.

Today, I had FIOS Gigabit installed. I moved my router from the basement to the garage where the ONT is. The tech connected the ONT Ethernet to the router. The wireless signal from the router works well.

He didn't know how to connect my MOCA setup. He used the Coax plug in the ONT and connected a coax cable to a single splitter (he got rid of the multiple splitters I had previously). After he left, I connected the bonded MOCA adapter in-line between the ONT and the splitter, but the COAX light on the adapter does not come on. From reading other posts, it may be because this is a MOCA LAN adapter, not a WAN?

How do I keep my Asus router in the garage connected to the Ethernet from the ONT, but also run a simultaneous MOCA network to connected the router to the server and HDHomerun in the basement, as well as the other rooms, as I did previously with Optimum?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS ONT Ethernet and MOCA Network
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming the moca adapters come in a pair? I would say lan port of router in garage to moca adapter's ethernet port. Then take  the coax from the ont and plug into that same moca adapter. The ont doesn't new to be connect to coax. Just the moca adapters. 

0 Likes
mrdizle

Ok thanks for the suggestion. I guess the only difference in my test was that I had the ONT Coax ---> Actiontec Bonded MOCA ---> Splitter. I will try disconnecting the ONT Coax as you suggested . 

I am concerned that in my setup, the Coax light in the adapter didn't come on after I plugged it in ?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The moca adapter coax port could go to a splitter first, but not needed. It could also be a homerun from one moca adapter to the other moca adapter.

0 Likes