Fios Port Forwarding
bendicott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm attempting to set up port forwarding; I've set up rules for the required port (21025) in Windows Firewall, and also tried temporarily turning off the firewall altogether to rule that out as the issue.

Next, I set up a static IP address for my desktop.

Set up the same in the router's menu.

Set up a port forwarding rule under the advanced tab.

Went over to the router's firewall menu and set up port forwarding using that rule.

Now when I check this port (http://www.canyouseeme.org/), it's still showing as closed. I've restarted a few times just to see if the settings were sticking, but I'm not sure what to try now. Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Port Forwarding
bendicott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind, got it. Found this while looking through other similar posts :

@viafax999 wrote:
@danishherring14 wrote:

Thank you for reminding me; I did both.

Also, I am still having problems with forwarding WOL packets from my router even though I revised the rule to be UDP any -> 9. canyouseeme.org still saays port 9 is closed with this new rule, but it also said that about port 25565 until I actively had started a Minecraft server on my computer. I can send and receive magic packets successfuly over LAN, but when I try to send them over the internet, they don't seem to be forwarded correctly through my router. Would anybody happen to know anything about this in particular? Thanks.

canyouseeme will always report close unless there is a listener application on the port.

I hadn't started my server; I assumed canyouseeme's service was something similar to pinging, whereby the host system would echo if the connection was successful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fios Port Forwarding
bendicott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind, got it. Found this while looking through other similar posts :

@viafax999 wrote:
@danishherring14 wrote:

Thank you for reminding me; I did both.

Also, I am still having problems with forwarding WOL packets from my router even though I revised the rule to be UDP any -> 9. canyouseeme.org still saays port 9 is closed with this new rule, but it also said that about port 25565 until I actively had started a Minecraft server on my computer. I can send and receive magic packets successfuly over LAN, but when I try to send them over the internet, they don't seem to be forwarded correctly through my router. Would anybody happen to know anything about this in particular? Thanks.

canyouseeme will always report close unless there is a listener application on the port.

I hadn't started my server; I assumed canyouseeme's service was something similar to pinging, whereby the host system would echo if the connection was successful.

0 Likes