Re: FiOS Quantum Gateway Router - Intermittent Dropped Connections
ejk8231
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have the same issue as wireless dropping and all seems to be working ok with the new Router however Verizon advertises this as their most powerful router ever with a range of up to 325 feet.  With my old router I had no issue with wireless reaching the furthest room in the house.  Now with the new router wireless does not reach any longer and I am trying to resolve this issue....

0 Likes
Scarsone

Cy - did that solve your problem?

I have the same issue as everyone else here - lots of dropped connections and a very short wifi range.

Thanks,

A

0 Likes
Sannurd

I too have purchased the new Quantum fios router and I am very disapointed.  Devices on wifi randomly disconnect for several minutes, and then reconnect.  I have noticed the problem on my android phone where certain apps wont refresh or web pages show as unavailable. I hope this is something that can be fixed in a firmware update, and if it wasnt for the propriatary nature of the FIOS router I could have gotten a well reviewed piece of equipment from a reliable networking company, not 'Greenwave'.  I hope someone gets a good answer/soluition to this problem.

0 Likes
gbfan3139

I have been having the same type of issue for a couple of months now.  Both wired and wireless connections randomly dropping and XBOX live not working properly.  I am on my second Quantum Gateway router now and it is still happening.  Prior I had the regular High Speed router and had no issues at all.  I just put that one back on a couple of days ago and no further issues.

There definately is something wrong with the Quantum Gateway router.  Verizon needs to get it fixed.

0 Likes
jthesuperstar

Same isssue.  How times do I need to reboot router?   Fix this Verizon! 

0 Likes
thomasduffield

I too am experiencing the same problems.  It is not dropped wireless connections, it is dropped internet altogether.  I need to unplug the router in order to reboot it and problem is solved. A pattern I notice is it seems to occur after I access the router, whether I make changes or not.  I am specifically attempting to run a synology NAS from the Quantum router but reluctant to do any port forwarding since it can't maintain a connection without anything complex.  I note the problem more prominently when I remote in using gotomypc, however I think this is coincidental.  I am somewhat stuck because I need to also use the coax connection for my Verizon TV service - not that I can get Fios mobile to connect to my DVR.  It certainly finds them, but says they have no internet connection.  Since widgets work the do work, there is indeed an internet connection.  I have also lost onscreen caller ID.  Previously I had placed my actiontec behind my Linksys router and all worked - except for onscreen caller ID.  I truly don't want to play with a triple router setup to get everything playing together nicely.  There is no reason why the Quantum router can't do what it is supposed to do.

I only post this additional information in case it triggers some techie to say "Ahah" and come up with an answer.  Later today I will "reset" the ONT by unplugging and disconnecting the battery.  This has fixed some users problems on another forum I was reading.

Thanks!

0 Likes
luvdairish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Verizon won't put me back to Actiontech.  I am really iritated that they allow this many people/threads with the issue without resolving.

0 Likes
donhare
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this same issue since December 2014 when I chnaged my Triple Play plan. Since the change, I have tried three diffrent routers and am now using the Quantum Gateway router but am still having my wireless signal drop every few minutes or so. Verizons solution is to send a new router but I am sure that it isn't a router issue. We ar now strongly considering a diffrent provider.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@donhare wrote:

I have been having this same issue since December 2014 when I chnaged my Triple Play plan. Since the change, I have tried three diffrent routers and am now using the Quantum Gateway router but am still having my wireless signal drop every few minutes or so. Verizons solution is to send a new router but I am sure that it isn't a router issue. We ar now strongly considering a diffrent provider.

Do wired signals also drop.  If not than a new router might help.  If so than it may welll be elsewhere, e.g. an Ont problem or even further back.

0 Likes
mickeywires

I have the same problem as everyone above. Since (supposedly) upgrading to Qautum, I lose connectivity randomly everyday. Most times it's just internet access. When I reboot everything is fine.

What is the sence of posting here if we never get any answers for Verizon?

0 Likes