FIOS Router and Google Nest Mesh Wifi and slow speeds
Gulbane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I managed to connect the ethernet cable from my ONT directly into the WAN slot on the Google Router.  I had to release the lease on the Fios router to do this properly.  I then connected the LAN port on the Google Router to the WAN slot on the Fios Router in order to keep some of my FIOS TV Functionality.  All seems fine, but I'm not getting the speeds that I should be getting.

With the old FIOS router, I was getting 600-800 when connected to the 5ghz SSID and 25-35 when connected to the 2.4ghz.  Now, the 5ghz signal standing in front of the Google Router does around 250ish.....anyone know what could be wrong?  The range across the house is fantastic and much better than the single FIOS router I was originally using, and the speeds are OK, but I'm paying for 1GIG which I get when directly connected and not on wifi.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Router and Google Nest Mesh Wifi and slow speeds
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the FiOS Home Router it is wifi 6(AX) which will give faster wifi speeds than the Nest which is wifi 5(AC).

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the FiOS Home Router it is wifi 6(AX) which will give faster wifi speeds than the Nest which is wifi 5(AC).

Gulbane1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the original Quantum Gateway Router - it’s over 6 years old so I doubt is has WiFi-6 / I think it’s the G1100.  

0 Likes
vzwwta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue.  Did you ever figure out how to resolve the speed issue?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes