FIOS Router/Internet Issue?
hankl1
Contributor - Level 1
Just about every afternoon the Internet becomes unuseable. When starting a browser (any one) it takes much longer than usual to load and there are no graphics (google logo). I have FIOS Triple-Play and when I start the In-Home-Agent It takes much longer to load and only the Internet is avavilable. No TV or Email selection is possible. I've tried resetting the Router but that does not fix the error. I normally use a desktop and have a laptop as backup. If I connect the laptop via a cable to the router or use it's WiFi option I have the same problem. Very limited or no access. Essentially I can't use the Internet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS Router/Internet Issue?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your TV and Phone Service working correctly? No pixelations in the TV Video? No voice drop-outs on the phone line?

Have you tried performing a trace route to see where the issue is? If you open up Command Prompt, you can type in this command:

tracert www.google.com

From there, you can post up the results you receive. Lastly, have you attempted to reboot your ONT itself?

View solution in original post

hankl1
Contributor - Level 1
Mistyped tV and Phone not available. I should have written no TV or Phone selection available with In home Agent.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are your TV and Phone Service working correctly? No pixelations in the TV Video? No voice drop-outs on the phone line?

Have you tried performing a trace route to see where the issue is? If you open up Command Prompt, you can type in this command:

tracert www.google.com

From there, you can post up the results you receive. Lastly, have you attempted to reboot your ONT itself?

hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. There is no problem with the TV or Phone. They are working normally.

I had issues with running a traceroute last night to various sites and couldn't really do anything on the Internet so I gave up. I'm not familiar with resetting the ONT so I'm looking at that this morning while the Internet is more useable.

I've located my ONT on the rafter in my basement. THe battery does not have a visible connection so I assume I'll need to pull the battery out after unplugging the power. Is that correct? Do I just pull the battery out?

Is there anything else I should do? Thanks

hankl1
Contributor - Level 1

Couldn't wait so I pulled the battery and that seems to have fxed the problem. It wasn't an easy job.

Thanks for your help and I;ll see how the day goes.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear it was resolved. Rebooting the ONT as you've found it is really a matter of unplugging the ONT, disconnecting the battery, reconnecting the battery and then plugging the ONT back into AC Power. Now that it's rebooted, just make sure the battery is connected completely 🙂