Fios router rental mandatory ?
mjhorv
Enthusiast - Level 2

everytime i try to change my plan online it removes my current free verizon router and makes me do a router rental. I dont even use the fios router. Is there anyway around this? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios router rental mandatory ?
jonjones1
Legend

@mjhorv wrote:

everytime i try to change my plan online it removes my current free verizon router and makes me do a router rental. I dont even use the fios router. Is there anyway around this? 

You need to simply return the router to the nearest Verizon Fios corporate store location. Get a receipt with the make, model, serial numbers, and your account number and name and address. This way you will not get charged for a non returned router.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@mjhorv wrote:

You need to simply return the router to the nearest Verizon Fios corporate store location. Get a receipt with the make, model, serial numbers, and your account number and name and address. This way you will not get charged for a non returned router.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its most like trying to upgrade you to a fios quantum gateway. Youll prob have to call in and tell them you will have a “customer provided router” and they will tell you that the only support that router or the actiontec but your router will most likely be fine.