Fios service in my area, but not to my neighborhood
SamT3

Fios is all around the new town I recently moved to, but in my neighborhood they have yet to make their service available. Who can I reach out to at Verizon to plead my case as I cannot take another day of Optimum’s subpar service and equipment. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios service in my area, but not to my neighborhood
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Fios is not in your area, you'll have to wait for them to decide to expand.  Depending on where you live, this may not happen as they may decide to deploy 5G Home Internet instead of Fios.  I've seen many requests like yours over the years, and they all end the same way - wait for Verizon.

If you think the lack of Fios is due to an error in their database, contact their social media support team and ask them to open a FAST ticket.  This causes their engineering team to review their information and see if they've missed an address that can get Fios.  To reach out to this team, tweet @verizonsupport or DM them on their Facebook page.  However, given your description, I don't think they will have the answer you want.

The only other approach I can think of is to raise many billions of dollars to get enough shares that get you a seat on the board, then you can have a say in how they allocate their resources.  And make sure that the result has a positive impact on the stock price; as that what board members are supposed to do.  But that's more of an Elon Musk play than what an average person would do.  🙂

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Fios is not in your area, you'll have to wait for them to decide to expand.  Depending on where you live, this may not happen as they may decide to deploy 5G Home Internet instead of Fios.  I've seen many requests like yours over the years, and they all end the same way - wait for Verizon.

If you think the lack of Fios is due to an error in their database, contact their social media support team and ask them to open a FAST ticket.  This causes their engineering team to review their information and see if they've missed an address that can get Fios.  To reach out to this team, tweet @verizonsupport or DM them on their Facebook page.  However, given your description, I don't think they will have the answer you want.

The only other approach I can think of is to raise many billions of dollars to get enough shares that get you a seat on the board, then you can have a say in how they allocate their resources.  And make sure that the result has a positive impact on the stock price; as that what board members are supposed to do.  But that's more of an Elon Musk play than what an average person would do.  🙂

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know whether your neighborhood has signed an easement with VZ? Sometimes the neighborhood board, HOA or alike deliberately blocks Fios easement in favor of cable due to revenue sharing contracts with cable companies.

Somekindofwonderful
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everyone who has Fios in our area says it's still inadequate.  And given we all live in an area that has frequent power outages, with lines brought down by trees, they have not been happy.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes