Fios Setup Fee Not Waived: Salesperson Lied
pmr777

I initiated a switch from Comcast to Verizon yesterday because I thought I could save some money with Fios. I was set to place an online order for Fios, but I decided to call first to ask a few questions. The sales rep I spoke to was very pushy and insisted that I complete my order on the phone. I told him that I saw on the website that if I ordered online, the $99.99 setup fee would be waived, but he told me this was not true and that I should continue placing my order with him. I should have hung up at this point, but I believed him for some reason and went ahead with it. Today I checked again online and saw that promotion is still advertized and that MANY others in this forum have dealth with the same sneaky tactics from Verizon sales reps. I am now reconsidering my switch away from Comcast because 1) I won't be saving as much now with the surprise $100 tacked on, and 2) I'd rather pay a little more for a service that isn't going to lie to me and take advantage of me in my first interaction with them. Beyond this, the sales rep cracked jokes and made fun of me every time I questioned something he told me or tried to double check a price or promotion. I didn't realize at the time how sleazy he was being. I just want to post this as a warning to others. DO NOT LET A SALES REP PRESSURE YOU INTO MAKING AN ORDER ON THE PHONE. You will probably get stuck with a $100 fee.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fios Setup Fee Not Waived: Salesperson Lied
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes