FiOS speed
Mjacqu4

This picture represents the BEST speed I was able to get from my router, directly connected with all TVs off and NOTHING else connected. I pay for 150/150. I am getting 150/89. AT BEST. I have attempted to talk to customer service twice and have been told both times thatf the "tools" they need to diagnose the issue are currently not working and to try again later.  I know it seems like nitpicking but I work from home and I chose your service for the 150 Mbps upload.

I have NEVER seen those speeds. Either fix it or I will cancel my service. I have tried contacting your customer service and I don't want to hear about how your "tools" don't work anymore. I have always tolerated Verizon's higher prices because I typically get excellent customer service but I feel like I am getting the run-around now.  89mbps is not  150mbps. FIX IT. CALL ME, EMAIL ME WHATEVER. 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS speed
jonjones1
Legend

Well this is a customer to customer help forum. So I am sure one of the people able to start a case for you will do so.

however there are a few things you can do before hand. First thing I would try is to turn off all devices that are on your network. Computers, cell phones, tablets, printers, gaming devices and everything else. Then go and turn off your router. You are using a Verizon branded router I will assume. If not Fios will not test or troubleshoot your router but only the signal coming into the ONT. 

After all has been turned off wait 10 minutes and then turn on the router and wait for it to fully function with no red lights blinking etc. once it shows stable attach one computer to the LAN port on the router and then go to the Fios test site here.

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

And see if you have the 150/150 speeds and a little more above that. If you do then you have the speed you pay for. If you then add each device back on your network and test again from that hard wired computer and still see the speeds you pay for you are good to keep connecting and if your speed is fine then problem solved.

Wifi speeds are not included in your tests. So if your testing via wifi don't even bother to complain. 

In the future call Fios customer service between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm to speak to an American tech support representative. Do not call after or before those hours since you may not get your problem solved. Due to various reasons. 1-800-VERIZON 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS speed
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see that you are using a wired connection, so your on the right track. 

Have you tried Verizon's speedtest site? https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

If your seeing the same results on that test, then the issue is defintely with the connection and not the Verizon network. 

Which router are you using? Is it the Verizon G1100 or Actiontec model?

0 Likes