FiOS speeds have been very slow between 7-11 PM in Redlands, CA.
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 3 months my speeds have slowed down drastically between the hours of 7-11 PM. Usually my speeds are 84 MBPS down and 93 MBPS Upload on the 75/75 plan. However, when I need my internet the most (between 7-11 PM), my speeds go down to ~7 MBPS Down while upload stays about the same. This issue has been going on for quite some time and I would love to have it resolved. I've run trace routes and path pings showing packet loss that indicates issues with verizon's network and I have also forwarded this information over to their networking department. I have yet to see any resolutions and throughout the past 3 months, I've contacted Verizon Support every other day or so. If I can get an ETA or any sort of confirmation, which shows that this problem is being worked on then that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS speeds have been very slow between 7-11 PM in Redlands, CA.
swhmetta1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar issues in florida. I wonder if they are secretly throttling down the speed?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not seeing it in all Florida.  I'm in Bradenton.  And speed test run several times in the evening have been fine.  Could be specific servers, etc.  Normally I am using speedtest.net so not even Verizon's speedtest.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't see it here in AA County in Md either.

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone experienced this issue along with me throughout any other cities within Southern California?

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll link Pathping's here in just a moment using WinMTR indicating packet loss. I am taking these tests now so the results will be relevant to the issue that I am presenting.

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| Wireless_Broadband_Router.home - 0 | 236 | 236 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |
| L100.LSANCA-VFTTP-81.verizon-gni.net - 0 | 236 | 236 | 3 | 4 | 52 | 4 |
| G0-5-0-2.LSANCA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net - 4 | 204 | 196 | 11 | 17 | 28 | 17 |
| ae2-0.LAX01-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net - 4 | 204 | 196 | 12 | 21 | 71 | 27 |
| No response from host - 100 | 48 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 0.ae6.BR1.LAX15.ALTER.NET - 4 | 208 | 201 | 12 | 16 | 35 | 14 |
|ix-10-0.tcore1.LVW-Los-Angeles.as6453.net - 4 | 208 | 201 | 10 | 15 | 43 | 16 |
|if-2-2.tcore2.LVW-Los-Angeles.as6453.net - 26 | 116 | 86 | 12 | 15 | 21 | 17 |
|if-6-20.tcore1.EQL-Los-Angeles.as6453.net - 6 | 192 | 181 | 11 | 15 | 22 | 14 |
| 206.82.129.22 - 9 | 176 | 161 | 13 | 20 | 33 | 17 |
|a23-43-183-142.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 6 | 196 | 186 | 12 | 20 | 33 | 15 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

0 Likes
Chandru1

This has been happening consistently for me. I live in North Redlands area and they tried to upgrade me from 50/50 to 75/75. The problem is the speeds are so low during evening hours and they happen consistently. I have spent hours and hours on Customer Service/technical support. The Verizon tech was able to see the slow speeds when I switched off all the devices except on laptop wired connection and showed him the speeds. He did not have an answer. I had techs show up multiple times to fix the problem, but mostly the speeds are back to normal during day time hours. No network tech  is willing to visit during evening hours and even if the tech support representative set up an apppointment, they just show up randomly during day time and say I am around this area and can i take a look at it now.

One of the them even said, Sometimes they are slow, I just switch it myself. They charge the price for a good speed and say they gaurantee this, but I am starting to sense, they are seeing a major spike in usage and do not have the infrastructure to handle the bandwidth during evening 7-11 PM where the usage is highest probably.

0 Likes
Chandru1

Also, I have come to realize the speeds drastically are faster after 11:30 and go back to completely normal gauranteed speeds.

0 Likes
Logistik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, sorry I haven't read this post in a while. I've contacted Verizon through their Direct Support on "DSLreports.com" and the person has told me (been a week now) that they are working towards upgrading their internal routers. He/she has also told me that once this process is complete, this problem should be resolved. I'm still waiting to hear a response from him/her, but once I do I'll let you know.

0 Likes