FIOS TECH support giving me the runaround
BasMax

Hi All,

I had FIOS in my Apt, since then I did renovations.

My contractor threw away my whole setup though he did setup new wiring for me to just connect my cable to.

I had a simple cheap router that I bought online along with another box that verizon gave me looks like a CyberPower from pics online (not exactly sure I'm seeing power supply and ONT it could be either...).

Do I need this box to get my service?

I see them on Ebay for like 20$ so I do not mind ordering and Verizon quoted me $200 for someone to come to my house.

How would I set this back up with my router?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS TECH support giving me the runaround
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like Cang_Household said, there is nothing  verizon related you should buy on eBay. If something is broken then they will have to fix it. If the tech verifys the reason is because something the contractor did then you may be charged. It is what it is. It's not verizon's fault the contractor threw away something they shouldn't have. If you do get charged you should pass that cost along to the contractor. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Pictures would be helpful for us to identify them for you.

ONT is owned by Verizon at all times. Nobody should be selling them on Ebay. So, do not buy ONT from Ebay.

If the contractor threw Verizon's ONT out, you might be liable to cover the charge for the replacement. Each ONT has a serial number and managed directly by Verizon AMS. To activate the service, the ONT is associated with your account to provision the subscribed speed.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Like Cang_Household said, there is nothing  verizon related you should buy on eBay. If something is broken then they will have to fix it. If the tech verifys the reason is because something the contractor did then you may be charged. It is what it is. It's not verizon's fault the contractor threw away something they shouldn't have. If you do get charged you should pass that cost along to the contractor.