Flash movies unwatchable
toychri

I have recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios, I have never had an issue with Flash video until I started using Fios. Any site (youtube, ESPN, etc.) that runs a flash movie I am having major issues with, it's like watching a slide show, the sound works, but the video does not.

I have "optimized" my laptop for Fios, I am also getting the proper speed when connected to the Verizon router (20/5).

Is this a common issue? I read a thread where it states I may need to run my own router to correct the issue?

0 Likes
Re: Flash movies unwatchable
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

There is nothing that Verizon installs that should affect your flash plugin.  However, if you aren't able to view flash, you can uninstall and then reinstall from here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/killbitblock/flashplayer7_ax.exe

0 Likes
toychri
Unfortunately that is not the issue, I can view flash movies, it's just that they play like I'm on dial up, it's like watching a slide show instead of a video. It's with any type of video, not just flash, I just used flash as an example because it seems to be the most common type. This was not an issue when I had Comcast.
0 Likes
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2
Does it also happen with movies saved locally on your computer?

Can you duplicate it using another PC in the house?
0 Likes