Re: four hours on the phone and 1 tech visit and still getting less than 10/2 when I orded 15/5 FIOS
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Since you have the Westell 9100VM, you are on VDSL-2 and as Hubrisnxs posted earlier, the maximum symetrical speeds on VDSL-2 are 20/20, not 25/25.  Do not let them upgrade you to 25/25, or you will be in the same situation (being billed for 25/25 and only getting 20/20).

VZ's ordering, provisioning and billing systems are separate and don't always agree.  It seems that the ordering system does not know that your building is VDSL-2.  If it did, you would only be offered the tiers that are available for VDSL-2.

You should also talk to your HOA and ask them why VZ was allowed to abandon the original fiber to the unit installation and switch to VDSL.  Your HOA signed a contract with VZ allowing the installation and that contract should have specified the method of installation.

Re: four hours on the phone and 1 tech visit and still getting less than 10/2 when I orded 15/5 FIOS
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, anti-phish. Earlier in this thread i mentioned that I asked the sales woman if she knew if I could support 25/25, and she admitted that she had no way of knowing. My response was to question how she could sell things without knowing if they were available (or something to that effect) and she had no answer.

This proves my point that Verizon has some issues to deal with in-house to better serve their customers. Anyone in sales ought to be empowered to see at least some of what the tech side can see in their computers, and vice/versa.

But you have given me another reason to call sales. I'll then have to explain the whole story over again. Then, I'll be passed like a football between sales and tech. People will say they can't help me. Same old story.

What you're telling me, that sales can't know that my limit on VDSL-2 is 20/20, is just another reason for me to want to switch service providers.

What I'm waiting for, is or someone at Verizon to fix this mess. Because if I don't need to deal with this horrific support/sales experience again, I won't care that it's a mess. And it's not my job as a consumer to even have to know all of this information. It's the job of the person on the other end of the phone, or the other end of an online support exchange, who needs to be able to say "I'll take care of it" in some fashion or another and actually follow through.

Does any of that sound un-reasonable? Any guesses as to many more hours I'll spend on the issue? It's almost a part-time job right now.

0 Likes
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quick follow up. Denise from..who knows what deparment.. was nice enough to just give me a call. She said the order I put through yesterday "failed." I don't know what that means. She asked if I wanted it put through again. I said yes. She said we need to hurry because the woman she was communicating with from Verizon would not stay on the phone much longer (what!!?!?)

She then said I can only get 20/20, but sales can only put in 25/25. (what!!?!?)

Am I going to pay for something I can't get, providing it works at all? Will this order, "fail" also? Stay tuned...

At least someone called me back. What a mess.

0 Likes
xyzabc1231

I can't help you, but I feel your frustration. I am in the opposite position of being signed up for services I don't need, and when I requested that my services be downgraded (on Sept 19), I found out that my order "failed" as well, while they continued billing me for services I didn't want. Hours and hours on the phone, passed around from department to department, each one acting like a separate company. What is the purpose of bundling if you treat all the services as different entities? No supervisors ever on duty, and no live person ever calls you back after you have been told that someone will within 24 hours. Do any executives ever read any of this? After dealing with all the frustration and wanting to cancel all services, I was being told that to do so, there is an early termination fee close to $300. Thirty day trial periods don't mean anything because they waste 30 days time just in phone calls and waiting for calls you don't get, and credits that are supposed to be issued won't show up till your next billing cycle, just to find out the order "failed", and therefor no credits issued at all, etc., etc., etc.. Worst customer service experience ever, in any category of purchases every made. I feel your frustration, and seeing that it is happening to other people as well, this is an endemic process as Verizon, with no signs of improvement.  Getting ready to pay the early termination fee just to get away from Verizon. Thank God I didn't switch my cell phone service to them, and at this point never will!!!!

0 Likes
xyzabc1231

Maybe I can help you. Post your complaints to the "Community" forum under Support, in the article written by Bill Kula on 11/3 "Caught in a bad Cable Romance?"  It relates directly to the kind of problem you are having, and in this case you can put a face and name to someone in Verizon, who might be able to help you. I think he needs to know of issues like yours.

0 Likes
Re: four hours on the phone and 1 tech visit and still getting less than 10/2 when I order 15/5 FIOS
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

mediaseth wrote:

Am I going to pay for something I can't get, providing it works at all? Will this order, "fail" also? Stay tuned... 

That is exactly why I said above, "don't let them enter an order for 25/25, or you will be in exactly the same situation".

I suspect what happened is that when VZ changed the installation from fiber to the unit (orange tubes) to VDSL, the change never made it's way back to the order data base. That would explain why you can order the usual tiers (25/25, etc), but a CSR can't enter an order for a VDSL tier (20/20) and why you were provisioned at a different tier.  Engineering are the ones that have to correct the database for what's available at your address.  A CSR can't do that.  The tech sees the data base of what was actually installed.

I agree with you that there is no excuse for what is happening and customers should not have to deal with this. I understand your frustration, but I get the feeling you would like to stay with FIOS, if VZ could make this right.  My suggestion is to contact Executive Customer Relations.  They can get the right people involved to get this resolved and will make sure you get called back and can also offer adjustments or freebies for your trouble.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,23489521

Re: four hours on the phone and 1 tech visit and still getting less than 10/2 when I order 15/5 FIOS
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

All this work... frankly, is not justified. I'm not getting paid to handle Verizon's internal communications and yet I seem to be doing all the legwork so that they communicate internally. I'm not an employee.

I was told in a message left later today that a "team" has been put together to work on the issue Monday. I should also get some credit for my team building efforts at Verizon. 🙂

And you should get some credit too, anti-phish. Youe explaination is likely the case. You solved it before anyone at Verizon seems to have been able to. I hope they pay you for your valuable efforts, too.

But as far as the other suggestions..I appreciate them, but..

I've just told my story too many times, to too many, and here it is as well in the forum where they can come read it if they care at all about retaining customers.

I'll pop into these forums, otherwise, I'm going to sit back and see if Verizon can do this. Because you're right, I do not want to go back to cable, but it will be a reluctant necessity if I continue to have service slower than cable provides.

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

mediasmith, I checked on the order that was placed yesterday and it failed due to equipment incompatibility. You said you were contacted and advised a team will be working on this for you today so I will let them handle it from here. If you do still need help with this after some time, let me know through personal message and I will find out the status on it for you. Thank you for your patience.

0 Likes
mediaseth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kim, I have not heard from anyone yet today.

Anti-Phish, you said don't "let them" sell you what isn't compatible. No. That's not my job. Verizon should know what equipment I have and not sell me something that it isn't compatible with. That's what databases are for. In fact, my father has been working on mainframes for inventory/sales/support systems using cobal since the 1970's and he's finding it very hard to believe that Verizon's systems are structured this way, in this day and age.

Besides, I told them what equipment I had (doing their job for them) and they didn't agree with me. When sales argues with me about what I can or can't do, and when tech and sales argue with each other, and orders continue to fail, one has to wonder why I'm still bothering.

Why can't the sales team see what the tech/engineering side can? Why do their two systems not agree with each other? Why am I doing consulting work for Verizon in pointing out this obvious fault?

I'm quite angry.

(and to add insult to injury, I think someone either hacked into my router or there's a couple of mistaken copyright notice violations in my inbox. I never downloaded the two films mentioned, nor did anyone in my household. Gosh, I'd be embarrassed if these hollywood flops were attributed to my name!!)

0 Likes
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

mediaseth, I just spoke to Denise about your order. She has someone investigating why we're getting the specific errors on your order. She advised that she has left you a voicemail this morning. Let me know if you haven't received the message.

0 Likes