FoxyProxy Video Utility causes VSS to crash
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone out there using FoxyProxy Video Utility?

With FoxyProxy Video Utility installed VSS keeps crashing. How do I get it investigated? Is there a way to get in touch with VSS without going thru VZ phone support?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Re: FoxyProxy Video Utility causes VSS to crash
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've reported the issue over at FoxyProxy but they need logs from VSS to find out whats causing VSS to crash. I found some VSS logs but don't apear to indicate why its crashing hence why I think VSS guy's need to be involved. But seems only way is to call in via VZ support - last time I did that it took ages to get to someone.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure, but this is a peer to peer support forum.

Perhaps

#1 Go to http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

#2 Use the live chat or e-mail?

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Do you have the new VISS or the old VISS?

The old one has an icon that is a gray square with an old fashioned key hole in it. The new one has an Icon that looks like a pad lock. The old one is made by a company called Radialpoint. The new one is McAfee. If you have the Radialpoint Version, no one is going to even try and help you with it as it will go away this month. If you have the new one, your best bet would be to bypass Verizon and go directly to McAfee since Verizon only knows how to install and uninstall it. Anything beyond that they refer to you McAfee anyway.

If you have the Radialpoint version, then I would uninstall it and then download the new version and try again.

BritInAshburn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow - I did not know they were changing from RadialPoint to McAfee. I have the old version.

I'll check my account and see if the McAfee version is available and if it is I change.

Thanks!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@BritInAshburn wrote:

Wow - I did not know they were changing from RadialPoint to McAfee. I have the old version.

I'll check my account and see if the McAfee version is available and if it is I change.

Thanks!

Yup, just uninstall the viss from the computer, then go to verizon.net and download the new version. You will get the mcafee version as you can no longer download the radialpoint version. According to my buddy at Verizon will start getting popups to update starting this month. Supposedly all Viss users using Radialpoint will have to be upgraded by the end of March.