Re: Fraudulent Advertising?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

If you upgrade to 75 and have a first gen router like mine--it will not get that speed wired or not, according to tech support (although the woman I spoke with could be wrong). The promo was pushing a new router for $100.  My router was free when I got it as Verizon had a huge push for customers at the time.  Also, I can get 30 with the hard wired PC, but Verizon said it is the computer OS.

You were misinformed.

I have 75/35 service and an ancient Verizon supplied Westell 9100em with 2008 (I think) firmware.  According to speedtest.net my wired service delivers 85/34 fairly consistently.

Agreed the wireless side of the Westell sucks but I only use the Westell as the gateway to the Verizon network and run all the on premise devices via my own gigabit routers and Wireless-n.  

Later today I'm actually planning to connect my own router to the ONT and relegate the Westell to be a secondary router just to provide vod and guide to the stb's

Sarsfield1
Enthusiast - Level 2

"If you upgraded to a tier that is 100 or more then they automatically will supply a new router and also change the ont-router connection to ethernet otherwise they would not be able to achieve those speeds on wired connections."

This is wrong.  I had to go to a Verizon store and swap mine out by telling them I was NOT getting the speeds I paid for.  They finally gave me a Rev I router but not without some grief first.  Verizon s-cks.  Period.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Sarsfield wrote:

"If you upgraded to a tier that is 100 or more then they automatically will supply a new router and also change the ont-router connection to ethernet otherwise they would not be able to achieve those speeds on wired connections."

This is wrong.  I had to go to a Verizon store and swap mine out by telling them I was NOT getting the speeds I paid for.  They finally gave me a Rev I router but not without some grief first.  Verizon s-cks.  Period.

What speed tier are you paying for?

0 Likes
Sarsfield1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@viafax999 wrote:

@Sarsfield wrote:

75/35 which also cannot be achieved with their old g routers.  Unbelievable that Verizon is hosing it's cutomers for $100 for a router that is finally capable of 'n' speed.  Umm 'n' has been out for how many years?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Sarsfield wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

@Sarsfield wrote:

75/35 which also cannot be achieved with their old g routers.  Unbelievable that Verizon is hosing it's cutomers for $100 for a router that is finally capable of 'n' speed.  Umm 'n' has been out for how many years?

I guess you didn't read what I said.  I said a tier that is 100 OR MORE will get you an automatic upgrade of device

You like me are on 75/.35 that is LESS than 100 so doesn't qualify.

I bought my own gig/wireless N router years ago for far less than $100

Verizon basically supplies a wired connection which is why they don't really go into troublshooting slow wifi speeds.  You will probably find that even with the rev I router you will rarely get anywhere near your tier speed using wireless

0 Likes