Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Fraudulent Advertising?

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Fraudulent Advertising?

Message 11 of 15
(1,057 Views)

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

If you upgrade to 75 and have a first gen router like mine--it will not get that speed wired or not, according to tech support (although the woman I spoke with could be wrong). The promo was pushing a new router for $100.  My router was free when I got it as Verizon had a huge push for customers at the time.  Also, I can get 30 with the hard wired PC, but Verizon said it is the computer OS.

You were misinformed.

I have 75/35 service and an ancient Verizon supplied Westell 9100em with 2008 (I think) firmware.  According to speedtest.net my wired service delivers 85/34 fairly consistently.

Agreed the wireless side of the Westell sucks but I only use the Westell as the gateway to the Verizon network and run all the on premise devices via my own gigabit routers and Wireless-n.  

Later today I'm actually planning to connect my own router to the ONT and relegate the Westell to be a secondary router just to provide vod and guide to the stb's

Sarsfield
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 12 of 15
(1,014 Views)

"If you upgraded to a tier that is 100 or more then they automatically will supply a new router and also change the ont-router connection to ethernet otherwise they would not be able to achieve those speeds on wired connections."

This is wrong.  I had to go to a Verizon store and swap mine out by telling them I was NOT getting the speeds I paid for.  They finally gave me a Rev I router but not without some grief first.  Verizon s-cks.  Period.

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII

Message 13 of 15
(995 Views)

@Sarsfield wrote:

"If you upgraded to a tier that is 100 or more then they automatically will supply a new router and also change the ont-router connection to ethernet otherwise they would not be able to achieve those speeds on wired connections."

This is wrong.  I had to go to a Verizon store and swap mine out by telling them I was NOT getting the speeds I paid for.  They finally gave me a Rev I router but not without some grief first.  Verizon s-cks.  Period.

What speed tier are you paying for?

Sarsfield
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 14 of 15
(982 Views)

@viafax999 wrote:

@Sarsfield wrote:

75/35 which also cannot be achieved with their old g routers.  Unbelievable that Verizon is hosing it's cutomers for $100 for a router that is finally capable of 'n' speed.  Umm 'n' has been out for how many years?

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII

Message 15 of 15
(971 Views)

@Sarsfield wrote:

@viafax999 wrote:

@Sarsfield wrote:

75/35 which also cannot be achieved with their old g routers.  Unbelievable that Verizon is hosing it's cutomers for $100 for a router that is finally capable of 'n' speed.  Umm 'n' has been out for how many years?

I guess you didn't read what I said.  I said a tier that is 100 OR MORE will get you an automatic upgrade of device

You like me are on 75/.35 that is LESS than 100 so doesn't qualify.

I bought my own gig/wireless N router years ago for far less than $100

Verizon basically supplies a wired connection which is why they don't really go into troublshooting slow wifi speeds.  You will probably find that even with the rev I router you will rarely get anywhere near your tier speed using wireless

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title