Free Verizon WiFi install problem
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Trying to install free wifi. I am able to DL. It runs the test for connectivity, but when it checks for system requirements I get a message that my system does not meet minimum requirements. It says that my OS does not meet the requirements. I am running Windows 7 (64 bit). Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free Verizon WiFi install problem
JeffinAnnapolis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon WIFI Access does not support Windows 7 64-bit at present.  There are a number of us waiting for Verizon's announcement as to when they will.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JeffinAnnapolis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon WIFI Access does not support Windows 7 64-bit at present.  There are a number of us waiting for Verizon's announcement as to when they will.

0 Likes
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Jeff.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Does it support 32 bit ok?     just has problems with the 64?

0 Likes
revdrw

Gotta tell ya. I'm really honked at Verizon. I have been to web-site XXX times, chased endless links, gone to automated answering loop (What a waste)  and can't get answers to how you activate WIFi for a laptop when I know I qualify. Now I see Verizon does not support WIN 7. What a bunch of loosers. Geez Louise!

BTW their DSL in our location is terrible.

0 Likes
revdrw

The problem is not solved, dimwit. Geez, I hate this automated crap!

0 Likes
revdrw

In a related story, hell froze over. Gosh, why so long? WIN 7 has been in beta since May 09 and out since oct 09. Still no solutions?

0 Likes
DurellL

I have it running on 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate RTM bits.  Haven't tried 64-bit.  Had some errors with the installer telling me I needed to upgrade to Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7.  Not sure why it had issues detecting the Win 7 OS.  So I right-clicked the resume installation icon on my desktop, hit properties and set compatibility to "Windows Vista SP2".  Voila!  It finished the install and is running.  Make sure you do not check the "Run as Administrator" box.  I did that and the app told me that I was not logged on as administrator!  Something is screwy with that app.  Incidentally, the account I was logged in under did have Administrator privileges.  Don't check the box and you'll be fine.

0 Likes