G1100 and 2 FIOS Network Extenders - Problems with Devices seeing Sonos
jmcn7272

I have the G1100 Gateway router as my main router and just add two FIOS Networks Extenders one in my basement and one on the top floor (the main router is on the main). I'm having trouble with some devices not connecting at times to Sonos saying we can't find and connect to Sonos on my Network. I have one ssid for both the 2.4 and 5ghz channels assigned on the router and extenders are all using discreet wireless channels for the 2.4. Other devices like my laptop work fine but it seems like the phones are having issues. Is there a conflicting setting on the extenders or something that needs to be changed on the main router.  It seems like the 2.4 and 5ghz networks arent seeing one another.  Anyone come across this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G1100 and 2 FIOS Network Extenders - Problems with Devices seeing Sonos
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This could be something either with the IGMP Proxy setting in the router, or Client Isolation is enabled on one of the radios. See if settings exist in your extender/router for these and try toggling them.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This could be something either with the IGMP Proxy setting in the router, or Client Isolation is enabled on one of the radios. See if settings exist in your extender/router for these and try toggling them.

jmcn7272

Thanks.  I reset both extenders to factory defaults and somehow that seems to have correctly the issue for now. I'll continue to look at this and get the suggestions if I find that some of my devices aren't able to connect again.  

0 Likes
MattinNJ1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You must setup a unique SSID name for each frequency.  For example, name the 2.4GHz SSID as "ABCDE" and name the 5GHz SSID as "ABCDE-5G".  Next, find out which SSID your Sonos is using.  You will now be able to connect to the Sonos from any wireless device that is also on the same SSID the Sonos is using.  (If the SSIDs are not the same, you will have to change the SSID on your wireless device to match the Sonos.)

Same thing happens when trying to cast to a Chromcast using a 2.4GHz connection while the phone is on a 5GHz connection.  Must switch the phone to 2.4GHz connection in order to cast.

0 Likes