G3100 AP Repeater Mode
ggdavisiv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the G3100 can be configured for AP/bridge/SON-repeater mode as a replacement for E3200 and external (4-port) switch. My thinking is to use a second G3100 in AP/bridge/SON-repeater mode with primary G3100 in default configuration to replace an E3200+switch. I understand that the cost is significantly less to use an external switch for adding more than the two ethernet ports available on the E3200 but would like to know if it's possible to configure the G3100 in "E3200-mode" for the additional two ethernet ports to avoid needing an external switch. Meanwhile, it would have been great if the E3200 included 4-ports, same as the G3100, for pennies more in manufacturing cost, but oh well.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 AP Repeater Mode
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course you can do that. Just follow the G1100 Bridging Guide. Although G3100's user interface looks different, the gist is the same. https://forums.verizon.com/t5/G1100-Bridging-Guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Of course you can do that. Just follow the G1100 Bridging Guide. Although G3100's user interface looks different, the gist is the same. https://forums.verizon.com/t5/G1100-Bridging-Guide/bd-p/g1100-bridging-guide 

ggdavisiv
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for confirming. I noticed the references for G1100 bridging but wanted to be sure the G3100 could be setup for bridge mode too. I'll give it a try...

Bluepa

So is there a way to make the G3100 work

as an AP using a WiFi connection back to the router or will it only work when hardwired back to the router?   I have gotten it to work hard wired back to the router via coax but would like to use a wifi connection back to the router if possible in order to expand my options for placement of the AP. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

For that, you are kind of out of luck. There's no wpa_supplicant package compiled in the firmware, I believe.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes