G3100/E3200 WPS LED Ring.
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

For older G3100/E3200 units, I've noticed that the LED ring around the WPS button has dimmed considerably as time has progressed.

This predates the new firmware setting that allows users to choose between two brightness settings.

Even at their brightest, the LEDs are dimmer than the LED found on the front of my new leased extender. Is anyone else seeing this as well šŸ¤” 

This dimming reminds me of a similar situation with my old Linksys 1900AC. The LEDs that are on continuously tend to fade quickly and to the point where you can't tell what is illuminated and what isn't.

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100/E3200 WPS LED Ring.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Heh, yeah. Either over-driven LEDs or Cheap LEDs. Can't win them all. I see this a lot with the Ubiquiti APs, and after the Blue LEDs they ship with get dim, it's hard to use the "Locate" feature. I'd say maybe 70% of the APs I install from Ubiquiti get dim LEDs after a year. Some seem to go for years without ever dimming.

View solution in original post

Re: G3100/E3200 WPS LED Ring.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Heh, yeah. Either over-driven LEDs or Cheap LEDs. Can't win them all. I see this a lot with the Ubiquiti APs, and after the Blue LEDs they ship with get dim, it's hard to use the "Locate" feature. I'd say maybe 70% of the APs I install from Ubiquiti get dim LEDs after a year. Some seem to go for years without ever dimming.