G3100 list of devices by IP address?
cyraxote
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I can get a list of devices by clicking on "Devices" in the menu on the left of the main router page. But the list doesn't include IP addresses. Even when I click the gear icon on a particular device, the resulting page doesn't show the IP address for the device! 

I've click every menu item, and I just can't see how to get device IP addresses. You would think that a router would provide such information pretty readily.

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Never mind... just found it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 list of devices by IP address?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Device list on G3100 may not be complete from time to time due to the underlying detection mechanism. I recommend you to use nmap command line tool on a computer to do host discovery of your entire subnet. Simply type nmap -T4 192.168.1.0/24

View solution in original post

cyraxote
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found it.

There's a barely visible "filter" button in the far right header row of the device list. From there you can choose the info you want to see about each device. Don't know why IP address wouldn't be a default, but... there it is.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Device list on G3100 may not be complete from time to time due to the underlying detection mechanism. I recommend you to use nmap command line tool on a computer to do host discovery of your entire subnet. Simply type nmap -T4 192.168.1.0/24