G3100 Router Has A New Onboard Advance Settings Page
gpsguy_47

I am trying to use the Port Forwarding menu in the Advanced Firewall settings.  My User Manual does not match the router page in the browser.  I'm looking for the new instructions for adding a custom device IP address.  Is there any updated versions of the FIOS G3100 User Manual?  Trying to get a NAS to work remotely.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 Router Has A New Onboard Advance Settings Page
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please wait for the moderators to approve the image.

The newer GUI does not seem to have Source Port any more, which is fine for most purposes.

The newer GUI is also more straight forward than the old one.

Ok. Get to your issue. Original port stands for the port facing the public Internet on which the router should listen. Frwd to Device is the device to which you would like to forward packets. This is denoted by either NETBIOS name, hostname, or IP address. Frwd to Port is the port on the device on which you would like to receive outside request. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think there is a newer version of the User Manual. Could you just screenshot the interface so we can direct you to do the forwarding?

gpsguy_47

Here is the screen shot of the undocumented settings page.  Need to understand the what the columns are referring to.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please wait for the moderators to approve the image.

The newer GUI does not seem to have Source Port any more, which is fine for most purposes.

The newer GUI is also more straight forward than the old one.

Ok. Get to your issue. Original port stands for the port facing the public Internet on which the router should listen. Frwd to Device is the device to which you would like to forward packets. This is denoted by either NETBIOS name, hostname, or IP address. Frwd to Port is the port on the device on which you would like to receive outside request. I hope this helps.