Games for Windows Live
dragin19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had problems launching/ registering pc games that require the use of the Games for Windows Live format?

having problmes xferind windows live id, checked with xbox live, sent me to GFWL support, tried all option, turning off firewalls, anitivirus etc, apparently the games requires  a funtioning UPnP format, i thought my actiontec router did that but all internet connectiveity tests say otherwise,....so Do the actiontec fios routers support UPnP format?

Re: Games for Windows Live
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ActionTec supports UPnP, as well as Port Forwarding. Log into the ActionTec at http://192.168.1.1/ , using the Username of admin and the password being your router's serial number found on the sticker on the router, and then visit the Advanced Section of the router. You should be able to find your UPnP settings in there.

It is worth checking out the router's firewall itself. It may be the source of the problem and tends to be overlooked at times. But besides that, the Games for Windows Live service should be able to work without any port forwarding or UPnP services running on the network.

dragin19
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks smith6612,

Ive spent the last week looking over but not changeing the seetings, while dont understand all the terminology of the router, i am able to understand enough...the only option ive been able to see listed under the UPnP setting is two check boxes, one for "allow other to controll wireless network features", and "enable cleanup of old UPnP data", and when i checked the firewall settings, the protocol for xlive address is enabled (checked) as is others such as skype...i keep getting the same possible issues, the UPnP is not supported, nor is the NAT.....

Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool                                             

Test 1 - Basic Internet Connectivity Test                                          Supported

Test 2 - Network Address Translator Type                                  Not supported

Test 5 - UPnP Support Test                                                            Not supported  

this was done thru microsoft

dragin19
Enthusiast - Level 2

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/using/tools/igd/results.mspx

i was told this had to run with internet explorer

Ive also tried to update the firmware, no updates available

Internet Version: Old Wireless Broadband Router version 20.10.7 found

this whole issue is starting to be a pain in my rear, i just want to play my game...i think ive done all i can from the aspect of my computer, disablele fire walls, disabled antivirus.

i can still surf the net, view vids, upload/download, nothing else seem to be affected, except devices/programs that utilize these features, did i miss something?

Dragineez
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain. My GFWL user name is DragineezGFWSux. Your problem is with GFWL, not FIOS. One recommendation, if you have GFWL set-up to automatically log you in - turn that off. I've had much better success actually going through the login process than letting it log me in automajically. It can also depend on the game. GTA4's implementation sucks. Resident Evil 5's implementation is flawless. It all depends.