Gateway Router
Jwozn

In September of 2015, I had Verizon update all of my FIOS hardware, including the new (at that time) router.  This router created a noticeable positive routing experience throughout the house.  UNFORTUNATELY, this router refused to communicate with my Samsung wireless laser printer (the older Verizon router performed perfectly).  I spent countless hours on the phone with both Verizon and Samsung tech support, to no avail.  I finally gave up and reinstalled the original Verizon Fios router.  My question is, has this router been improved at all since 2015?  Will it now "talk" to my Samsung printer?

0 Likes
Re: Gateway Router
jonjones1
Legend

@Jwozn wrote:

In September of 2015, I had Verizon update all of my FIOS hardware, including the new (at that time) router.  This router created a noticeable positive routing experience throughout the house.  UNFORTUNATELY, this router refused to communicate with my Samsung wireless laser printer (the older Verizon router performed perfectly).  I spent countless hours on the phone with both Verizon and Samsung tech support, to no avail.  I finally gave up and reinstalled the original Verizon Fios router.  My question is, has this router been improved at all since 2015?  Will it now "talk" to my Samsung printer?

It's a unknown if any device works with another. The routers like the Quantum Gateway G1100 get updates just like any other brand of router. However you could always use another router in AP mode and have devices assigned through it. Most newer models do have the ability to connect with a myriad of printers.

Good Luck

0 Likes