gigabit sevice
Joel28
Enthusiast - Level 1

how will upgrading from 75mbs to gigabit service with new router improve my usage?

what does the tech have to do besides installing new router - any other equipment changes required?

0 Likes
Re: gigabit sevice
jonjones1
Legend

@Joel2wrote:

how will upgrading from 75mbs to gigabit service with new router improve my usage?

what does the tech have to do besides installing new router - any other equipment changes required?

If you are connected via MOCA (coaxial) you will need to be switched to ethernet.

additionally if your ONT is old it may need to be replaced.

and of course although you can use your own customer owned router Verizon will more than likely want you to rent or purchase the FiOS Quantum Gateway Router G1100

additionally you did not say if you have internet only or tv and internet or tv, internet and phone. But Verizon handles it all.

Joel28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have int, tv and phone- how am i able to tell if my 5yr old ont needs replacement?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Joel2wrote:

I have int, tv and phone- how am i able to tell if my 5yr old ont needs replacement?

The installer will know if it BPON or GPON (gigabyte passive optical network) on coming to your home. If you have the older one, they will give you the newer GPON

nothing to worry about. Verizon will do what is necessary to get you up and running.

0 Likes