Google says GOOGLEBOT can't access my Verizon made Personal Web Page -- can't crawl it
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently added my website (it's one page) to Google, and it was verified I think.

But here is a message from Google's Webmaster Tools about their GOOGLEBOT...

---------------------- Google message-----------------------------

Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 1 errors while attempting to connect to your site. Your site's overall connection failure rate is 100.0%. You can see more details about these errors in Webmaster Tools.

Recommended action

• Verify that the web service software for your site is installed and running properly.
  • Verify that your firewall or server are not blocking googlebot's access to your site.
  • Verify that all scripts that run on your site have proper permissions to run.
  • Verify that your site has proper permissions to access the pages of your site.
  • Using Webmaster Tools, find a day with a high error rate and examine the logs for your web server for that day. Look for errors in the logs for that day and fix the causes of those errors.
  • Your site may be overloaded. Talk with your hosting provider about either reconfiguring your web server or allocating more resources to your web server.

-------------------------------------------------------------End of message----------------------------------------

On google website (Tools), they also say there is a "server connectivty problem" .

I've checked the various actions mentioned above and all is fine, except about server. I wouldn't know how to address that.

My verizon webpage shows up fine on the internet when I type the URL.  But I'd like to let Google crawl it, even though I'm not sure of the benefits of that.  I just want everything to work fine.

Does anyone know about Googlebots, and how to fix this issue?

Many thanks!

Lil

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google says GOOGLEBOT can't access my Verizon made Personal Web Page -- can't crawl it
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue is somewhat solved by another posting.

many thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Google says GOOGLEBOT can't access my Verizon made Personal Web Page -- can't crawl it
FraminghamMA
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue is somewhat solved by another posting.

many thanks.

0 Likes