Great download speeds, mediocre upload speeds in Maryland
IBK1

I have the 75/75 package and am connected by a 1GB cable to my router. I've had the 75/75 package for quite some time. I'm very satisfied with the download speeds, but the upload speeds are another matter entirely. (When I test the speeds on speed testing sites eveyrthing looks great. But in the real world it's totally different.) The long and the short of it is this: when uploading on DC++ the max speed between myself and another FIOS customer 30 miles away is around 500kb/sec. Other folks on DC++ are able to upload aorund 1.5M/sec or higher. This has always been an issue where cable users could upload faster than FIOS users. I'm getting tired of this. I do not know why my upload speeds should be 1/3 of theirs. (And no, I have never installed the Verizon software on my system. I don't see how/why that should affect upload speeds.)

0 Likes
Re: Great download speeds, mediocre upload speeds in Maryland
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

You have to install the software as it tweaks the settings on your computer for speed, I have done it and it makes a differance.

0 Likes
Re: Great download speeds, mediocre upload speeds in Maryland
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with silverado.

If you each can get good speed test results, then it is an issue with the computer for one of you.

0 Likes