Greenbelt MD outage
Chunkymunky1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Fios internet outage in greenbelt md. A check with other friends in northern va confirms a complete outage of cable and internet service for fios subscribers. Mine happened around 9pm 07/20/14.
Internet outage 20904.
joecct771
Enthusiast - Level 3
Internet died around 10:30 pm. Apparently it's all over. What's up and how long to restore??
Re: Greenbelt MD outage
leawadeb
Enthusiast - Level 2
We lost FIOS Internet but not cable about 10 p.m. in College Park.
0 Likes
Re: Internet outage 20904.
Szyphoid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like its up now.  Getting my estimated speeds again.  I was sitting on hold to gripe about FiOS being down for an hour and no post about it, but now I'm just going to gripe about having to be on hold for an hour.

...spoke too soon

adtech06

20906 here. Still experiencing erratic connection... Started around 11 for me.

0 Likes
pdegan2319

Here in 20170 my Fios TV is up but my Fios Internet is dog slow and every couple of minutes either cuts out entirely or gets so slow that my computers think the connection is just dead. At least now I can be reasonably confident it's not something specific to my account, not that that makes me any happier 😞

0 Likes
Szyphoid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a place that Verizon actually posts updates about outages?

0 Likes
leawadeb
Enthusiast - Level 2
These guys say outage complaints peaked about 11 p.m. ET. Nonetheless our place still has no Internet. Been waiting on the phone an hour and a quarter, not that they will do anything.
http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-communications
0 Likes
leawadeb
Enthusiast - Level 2
Szyphoid, I Googled "Verizon FIOS outage" and the first link appeared to be a page at VZ that purports to report outages. However when I tried to login on my iPhone, I just got a Java error. VZ sucks.
0 Likes
Chunkymunky1
Enthusiast - Level 2
24-48 hr repair estimate says the tech. They've received numerous call now about the outage.
0 Likes