Having trouble figuring out Verizon's e-mail settings
mgh

I just got FiOS into my home and all is good. I am trying to set up my Verizon e-mail, though, and I am just confused on how to go about this. I found the link to register for the service through MyVerizon and it asks me for the order number and ZIP code. Unfortunately, my order number is NY followed by 11 digits but the registration system is expecting a four letter string followed by 9 digits or some such, i.e. it keeps refusing my order number assigned to our FiOS install.

The only reason why I am trying to make this all work  is because I need an outgoing SMTP server and was hoping I can use outgoing.verion.net. That needs authentication, though, and thus I am trying to set up my Verizon mail.

Also, how does Yahoo! play into this? I selected Yahoo! as my premium portal but have not received any info about what this actually means.

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble figuring out Verizon's e-mail settings
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the email settings are actually determined by what you selected as you "online experiance". If you chose yahoo that means that your Verizon email goes through the Yahoo mail servers (you get to take advantage of the yahoo spam filters, this is good)

But it does mean that your settings will change a little.

Your servers will be

Incoming.yahoo.verizon.net

outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

you need to check the box that says "requires authentication"  (not secure password authentication)

and make sure that you selected POP3 for your email type. That should get you going

0 Likes
VZ_KG
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can also use Vz In Home Agent (download from verizon.com/connect). That can help you automatically setup your Verizon email account (support MS Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail).

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You need the IGOGxxxxxxxxx order number and zip code. If you don't have it Verizon with give you the VZExxxxx user name and a temporary password to get in then you can change it.
0 Likes