Heartbleed Security Issues with Yahoo Mail, Verizon.com?
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is Verizon's status on this security issue?  See one article below about this security issue.

"An online bug called "Heartbleed" is affecting a huge chunk of the Internet, which means that a password change is likely in order for hundreds of millions of people.

More than half a million sites are vulnerable that use the security system called Open SSL, according Netcraft, and have had to install a new security patch. Before this patch, private data on websites such as Yahoo, Google and Tumblr could have been vulnerable to hackers, experts said. This bug was discovered by a team of security engineers at tech company Codenomicon and Neel Mehta of Google Security."

0 Likes
Re: Heartbleed Security Issues with Yahoo Mail, Verizon.com?
Techman28
Master - Level 1

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html

is a great site to test vulenerability of domains.....Verizon is listed @ A- and so is yahoo.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your mail is through Yahoo the Heartbleed hole looks to have been patched sometime yesterday afternoon.

Verizon's website is run through Akamai, and anything on Akamai should be patched at this point.

0 Likes
Subman6191

It is amazing to me that there is no "official" post from Verizon.  I guess we don't pay enough for their services LOL

0 Likes
MsSusan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a follow up to my 1st post...  I had changed my Verizon password forgetting that Yahoo Mail is actually a separate login.

I discovered this when I was checking Windows and Web Credentials (credential manager) and found that HTTPS://LOGIN.Yahoo.com listed my old Verizon password.

I'm still surprised that Verizon hasn't released any statements about Heartbleed as far as I can tell.

0 Likes