Re: HELP - Daily WAN disconnects
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

DATA light went out should suggest the link is broken between the ONT and the router. I doubt your router would break the link, it should be your ONT breaking the link. Then why does the ONT break the link, maybe something related to low DC supply voltage or some interference.

Deathon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another outage through the night, similar logs.

What I changed this morning based on some feedback.

I was still using the old LAN cable from the G3100 to an Eero router. From the Eero router I had another line that I recently ran to a hub where I plug in my PC and Work laptop. The Eero serves my WiFi, I have WiFi disabled on the G3100. (I have tried removing the Eero and using the G3100 alone and vice versa. I only have the G3100 hooked up for the monitoring logs since this started)

NOW:

Bypassed all pre-run cables
I now have the ONT plugged into the G3100 on a new cable side by side.
New cable ran from the G3100 to the Eero router
Plugged the ONT into a new outlet (isolated, nothing else sharing the circuit)
My Work laptop and PC are now on WiFi not using any local pre-run LAN cables

Will monitor and report back.. thank you for the suggestions and support folks!!

0 Likes
Deathon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another outage...

This time I did get a WAN Detection Fail error

2021 Aug 31 13:19:21 wan_detection info [WAN.6][WDHCP] eth4 arping to 98.xxx.x.1 fail.

I also see other local DHCP traffic in the logs during that outage window.

2021 Aug 31 13:19:23 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPRELEASE of 192.168.1.130 from {device MAC address} via br-lan (not found)
2021 Aug 31 13:19:21 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPACK on 192.168.1.166 to {device MAC address} (eero) via br-lan
2021 Aug 31 13:19:21 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.1.166 (192.168.1.1) from {device MAC address} (eero) via br-lan 
2021 Aug 31 13:19:21 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPOFFER on 192.168.1.166 to {device MAC address} (eero) via br-lan
2021 Aug 31 13:19:21 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPDISCOVER from {device MAC address} via br-lan
2021 Aug 31 13:19:10 dhcpd info[LDHCP] DHCPRELEASE of 192.168.1.166 from {device MAC address} (eero) via br-lan (found)
2021 Aug 31 13:18:37 dhcpd info [LDHCP] DHCPRELEASE of 192.168.1.130 from {device MAC address} via br-lan (not found)
0 Likes
Deathon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

I had a 60 minute outage through the night which I'm hoping is related to the service call to look at the PON Line & Card. I haven't heard anything new to say for sure.

This afternoon I had a 30 min outage. During that outage the following lights were observed on the ONT
- All WAN lights dark, Red VID light illuminated.
- Then I had sporadic connection and the Red FAIL light was lighting up off and on

I have not had an outage like that before so may not be related to my initial issue. I haven't seen that there was a global outage.image

0 Likes
Deathon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

Verizon replaced the PON Card yesterday afternoon when I experienced my last outage.

16+ hours of stability so far, looks promising. They no longer see any network errors as well.

Kudos to @ (for the support on & offline and helping escalate), and to Alex @Verison_support for diagnosing and dispatching. Also big thank you to the community for all the suggestions and creativity. 

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's wonderful.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes