Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

HELP!! How do I connect my Lexmark 1400 series Wireless printer to my new FiOS router?

papeegirl
Contributor
Contributor

HELP!! How do I connect my Lexmark 1400 series Wireless printer to my new FiOS router?

Message 1 of 4
(8,862 Views)

I can't seem to figure out how to get my Lexmark 1400 series router to talk to my new FiOS router.  I had it previously hooked up via a etgear router when I had DSL up until last night.  I know with that router I had to go in and enter the printer's MAC address so the router would allow it to talk to it.

HELP!!!  i can't figure this out for anything and I NEED my printer....wirelessly!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Tektronic
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: HELP!! How do I connect my Lexmark 1400 series Wireless printer to my new FiOS router?

Message 2 of 4
(8,852 Views)

Hey im not trying to shrug you off but I think the fastest response would be to call Lexmark

Phone:
800-539-6275
How to reach a live person:
Press 1 at the first recording and then just sit through the messaging until transferred to a person.
Hours of Operation:
M-F 9 Am - 9 pm ET
Sat 12 noon - 6 pm ET
and ask them how to configure it
 Info you will need
192.168.1.1  to login to your router
admin
password or password1 for the password
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: HELP!! How do I connect my Lexmark 1400 series Wireless printer to my new FiOS router?

Message 3 of 4
(8,832 Views)

I  do not believe that the Verizon Routers have MAC Filtering enabled by default, so any device should be able to connect if it provides the proper information (ESSID and WEP Key) to the router.

Just follow the instuctions from Lexmarks web Site:

Lexmark 1400 Series - Installing Network Printers

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(8,826 Views)

@BrianMcD wrote:

I  do not believe that the Verizon Routers have MAC Filtering enabled by default, so any device should be able to connect if it provides the proper information (ESSID and WEP Key) to the router.

Just follow the instuctions from Lexmarks web Site:

Lexmark 1400 Series - Installing Network Printers

Same as what BrianMcD wrote. But once you get it to connect, you may need to lock it down to always get the same IP based on MAC address.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&message.id=5108#M5108

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title