Help Needed: Nest WiFi Issues
jj684

Hi all,

I was having some connectivity issues with my Nest camera and was advised to purchase a WiFi extender.  After doing some research I decided to go with a mesh router instead and purchased the Google Nest router with one point.

I followed the instructions in this thread and followed all 7 steps, but when I plug the Nest router in, the little globe icon on my Verizon router flashes white for about a minute or so before it turns red and I'm not able to connect.  I tried unplugging and replugging things in, waiting several minutes in between, but that doesn't seem to work.

Also, my ethernet cable that was connected to the WAN port on the Verizon router goes into the floor and into the basement.  I tried connecting that cable directly into my Nest router, and while it looked like it was working for a moment (I was able to finish the setup steps on the Google Home app), in the end it didn't work either, and I wasn't able to connect.

I don't know if I've even succeeded in explaining this well, but I really hope someone can help.  I don't understand a lot of the terms I'm seeing in some of the threads.  I have Verizon for internet, TV, and phone.  Please let me know what other information is needed or if you think I should just return the Nest router and go with a different option.  My tire was recently slashed in my driveway but because the connectivity on the camera was so bad, it most likely missed this happening, which is why I got into trying to fix this in the first place.

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Using-your-own-router-with-Verizon-FiOS/td-p/851632 

1. Click on the My Network icon at the top.
  2. Click Network Connections from the menu on the left.
  3. Click Broadband Connection
  4. Click Settings
  5. Scroll down and click Release under DHCP Lease
  6. Click Apply
  7. Disconnect the router immediately to prevent it from re-requesting a DHCP lease.
0 Likes