Help with FiOS on new computer
maine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My computer crashed, and I have to get a new computer........my first question is, does ViOS now support Windows 7, last I read was it just accepted XP and Vista.

My second question is, when I get my new computer, do I have to do anything to install ViOS into my new computer..or just plug into the router, and away I go???

This might be a silly question, but I am a computer illiterate Smiley Sad

TY for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with FiOS on new computer
maine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I defanetly like your answer!!!!  Smiley Happy   That makes for one very happy camper!!!

Thanks for your help, and info, and cross your fingers that all goes well !

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ravioli
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're hardwired to the router with an ethernet cable (looks kinda like a phone cable but the connectors on the end are wider), then you should be able to just plug your Windows 7 computer into the router and away you go.   The setup on the computer may ask you to tell it how you connect to the Internet (which is thru a residential gateway or something like that).

No software from Verizon is required on your new computer to have it work.

The software necessary to make the network card work in your new computer should already be installed when you get your computer -- particularly if you buy it from a mainstream computer company or from the local big box store and not from your local computer geek (if you do choose to go with a local geek -- make sure they agree to come and set it up for you -- and then you don't have to worry about it).

maine1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I defanetly like your answer!!!!  Smiley Happy   That makes for one very happy camper!!!

Thanks for your help, and info, and cross your fingers that all goes well !

0 Likes