Re: Highlevel tech @ FIOS said FIOS has issues routing 2 Google and I should always do a ping 2 yaho
gauts15

This is ridiculous! I had Comcast for 2 years and Cablevision for 1 and never had a problem with youtube. I then decided to go with the "popular" verizon FIOS 50mbps connection and am having issues with youtube. This problem is ONLY with youtube. Netflix and other video streaming sites work fine. Sometimes I cant even stream 320p videos on xbox - youtube which is hardwired to my router. 

This is my first month with FIOS and am seriously considering dropping it if I cannot find a solution to streaming youtube in HD. A major source of my online content comes from youtube and I am not prepared to give it up.

A couple of my friends were about to swich to FIOS after hearing good reviews from me but when they learnt about the youtube problem they decided against it. 

If anyone on this thread or anyone at verizon knows a way I can fix this, please let me know. I have tried changing the DNS  on my router but its no good.

0 Likes
Re: Highlevel tech @ FIOS said FIOS has issues routing 2 Google and I should always do a ping 2 yaho
unreal2

Same here... Live in the Philadelphia area. Noting but problems. Should have stayed with Comcast. I also have a netfix account and cannot use it. Support is useless after being on hold for 30 minutes, I get the same old “it not a FiOS problem. Now I learn everyone is having the same problem.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you're still having youtube problems, try this.

Here are instructions for doing it in the Actiontec Router, with Both bad IP address ranges 

• Log into your FIOS Router

• Click Firewall Setting (at top)

• Click Yes to proceed

• Click Advanced Filtering (on left)

• Click Add on the broadband connection rules you have setup (either coax or ethernet). You can check which one yours uses by going to My Network (up top) and clicking Network Connections (on left), look for the one that says connected.

• Change Source address to User Defined in the drop down list

• Enter a description (i.e. Youtube Throttling)

• Click Add under items

• Change Network Object Type toa IP Range

• Enter 173.194.55.0 in the From IP Address

• Enter 173.194.55.255 in the To IP Address

• Click Apply

• Click Add under items

• Change Network Object Type to IP Range

• Enter 206.111.0.0 in the From IP Address

• Enter 206.111.0.255 in the To IP Address

• Click Apply

• Click Apply again

• Click Reject under the Operation drop down list

• Click Apply

Despite the faster speeds now being pushed through fiber and DOCSIS 3.0, there's many users who continue to suffer from the inability to quickly and consistently stream YouTube videos. Spend a few minutes in any of our forums and you'll find this is a universal problem with many carriers, including AT&T U-VerseVerizon FiOS and Time Warner Cable

0 Likes
ReadyToDitchVZW

I feel your Pain!   As of  ~2 weeks now,  same issues your having reaching an entire set of internet sites including the most popular - YouTube.

It seems anything you try to "stream" turns to crap ( tries to buffer,  choppy,  will not play through,  will not buffer on pause) -  however ping tests and download speed tests show everything is spot on.

Verizon has been focusing on whether I'm connected via wirelessly,  or via Ethernet cable,  rather than listening to my complaint.  One mile down the road-  using Comcast,  at same Download speed ( confirmed via speed test at speakeasy )  the streaming was flawless-  even in HD-  where Fios can't even stream a 2 minute video at the lowest quality setting.

They asked to send me a new router- I laughed and said sure-  if this will allow me to seek higher tech support following.  So Verizon is overnighting me a router today to arrive tomorrow.  If by chance this solves the problem( which it wont) I will let you all know.  I find it insane they are willing to splash out $$ for overnight delivery of new equipment to solve an issue that they SHOULD know about by now.  I live in Ashburn VA,  within walking distance of AOL and the Verizon Headquarters-  you would think they would be experiencing similar issues themselves!

Anyone else out there experiencing this???   Very interested in the area West of DC in case it is location related.

Thanks.

0 Likes