Horrible Customer Service. I feel completely ripped off and abused
Dissatisfied89

I have never had such a bad experience with ANY customer service EVER. I was required to submit a security deposit for their internet service which is expected so I complied. I recently moved and had to cancel my account because they do not provide service to my new area. When I first inquired about my security deposit they told me not to worry I would get it in a few weeks. A month goes by... Not only do I not have my security deposit refunded to me but I am told that they refunded it to me a month and a half before I ever closed the account. The bank account I used to make the initial deposit had since been closed so I explained this to customer service and again was told that they see the issue and I wil be receiving a check in 3-4 weeks. Another month goes by, no check.

Now whenever I call, I get bounced back and forth between 3 or 4 different departments who all say they do not handle this issue. Most of the time that I am transfered they do not tell me I am being transfered. I simply here the "hold" music and another voice answers to which I have to explain the whole long story over and over again. I have even been hung up on or "disconnected" at least 4 times I can remember and it always seems it happens whenever I feel I am getting somewhere. I have spoken to managers in the Customer Service department, the Finance department and the Sales and Services department and always get the run around of, "we don't hand this but [insert another department name here] does" and I get transfered without being able to get another word in edgewise. 

I have been on the phone with customer support, without any exageration, over 15 times for countless hours without having any clear response to my issue. I have even been told that they received confirmation from my bank that the funds were received, which is impossible because the account was completely closed long before the date that they said they submitted the refund. I work for a bank and I know that this is NOT how they operate. We have rules and regulations out the butt to prevent this from happening (it is the most regulated industry in this country and for good reason). I have tried explaining to multiple reps that they must have gotten a confirmation that their 3rd party provider received these funds but the bank has not. I only know this because I have contacted the bank I was banking with at the time and they told me this happens more than I would expect and Verizon probably received their confirmation from their 3rd party company, which they use, but certainly not the bank.

Whenever I bring this up to Verizon support (if you can call them that), they either deny it, I get transfered around for hours, or I get "disconnected". The way they treat their customers, especially ones that no longer have an open account, is attrocious. I highly recommend avoiding this service all together unless you enjoy hours of run around and be treated like a child.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service. I feel completely ripped off and abused
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dissatisfied89,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes