Horrible internet speeds via router only with wired connection
FalconHunter223

Hello all,

One night a few weeks ago I was playing a game and my service cut out, didn't think anything of it, and went to bed. Well ever since then, I've been battling horrible internet speeds via my ethernet connection to my PC from my G3100 router. It's gotten so bad I can't even watch Youtube videos anymore, it's just constant buffering and horrible quality, yet speedtest.net tells me my gigabit service speed is just fine. The issue only occurs with my PC, my Xbox and Iphone also connected to the router are just fine. If I bypass my router and plug my PC directly into the modem, the internet on my PC is lightning fast and just fine again. I don't understand what happened to my service and I feel like I'm going crazy! I have replaced the ethernet cord already as a precaution, to no avail.

I did find another thread with a similar issue to me containing an issue with Intel NICs, and I completed a workaround where I changed a setting in my network adapter for ipv6 checksum. This didn't fix my issue, and everything was just fine prior to a few weeks ago anyway, and for years before that.

Any advice someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edit: This post was meant to be in the Fios section...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Horrible internet speeds via router only with wired connection
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide your model number of Intel NIC, thanks.

Only 1G/10G Intel NICs can be fixed through disabling TCP Checksum Offload for IPv6.

2.5GbE NICs may not work and may require replacement.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide your model number of Intel NIC, thanks.

Only 1G/10G Intel NICs can be fixed through disabling TCP Checksum Offload for IPv6.

2.5GbE NICs may not work and may require replacement.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes