Horrible start to my FIOS experience
ox45

Greetings,

I am writing you today to express my extreme disappointment with my Verizon FIOS experience so far. It started from the moment I walked into the store to get service. I came in with an ad pulled up on the FIOS website. It was the for the Custom TV and 100mb service for 64.99 per month. I just moved into my house, and it was already wired for FIOS. So I called the day before driving 35 minutes to the nearest store to make sure it was all active and that I could do a self install. I was assured over the phone that I could, so I came in the next day. After getting the service address updated to my info (15 minutes), the rep then told me I cannot get this special since my ONT was an older model. It would need to be upgraded to a newer one to support the 100mb service. I was then told it would cost me an additional $80 for a technician to come in and update the hardware. I flat out refused this because it is outlandish to me that I have to pay a Verizon employee to come update a piece of Verizon equipment that I rent. I then asked if I could have the Custom TV and 50 for that promotional price until something was figured out with the ONT. She refused to do that. Just wanting to get out of that store (going on over 1 hour at this point) with equipment to do a self install, I wound up subscribing to Custom and 50 for more than the 100 service. I figured I would contact customer service to see about getting the 100 without having to pay extra for the updated hardware. But to my amazement, I was now told it would cost $150 for a tech to come install the new ONT.

Fast forward to Sunday, and all of a sudden my set top box will no longer display the guide or VOD. I tried resetting every piece of equipment, including the ONT. Nothing worked so I again reached out to customer service. After running several tests, reboots and updates the box is still not connecting. A new box is being sent and should arrive today. However out of curiosity I asked about what would happen if this does not work. I was told a tech would have to be sent out, and again I would be on the hook to pay for this “service” again.

So twice now I am being told that I will have to pay YOUR employees to come fix YOUR equipment that I pay a monthly rental fee for on top of the monthly service fees. I find this to be absolutely ridiculous. I equate this to renting a car from AVIS, and while I am renting it the radio quits working. Then having AVIS say they can fix it, but I have to pay them $150 for their mechanic to work on it.

So here I am now, almost a month into my service. I am paying more money for less service than your ad promised, and have a non functioning set top box. And my only choice to get what I want is to pay you more money than I already have. I am writing to you in hopes that you will make this right. I can assure you that if this new box comes today and does not work; I will be returning it and my modem in for a refund and cancelling my service immediately, as I refuse to pay a service tech fee.

Please feel free to respond to this post, or contact me directly at the phone number on my account after 5pm EST. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible start to my FIOS experience
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ox4ty5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes