Hostname Resolution Failed on new MI424WR-GEN2
Eric_T

I was adding NAT translations to the router, and they worked fine until last night when the router did a firmware update.

Searching on the web, this seems to be a bad firmware update, but I can't find any older firmware listed to repair the issue or redownload the same firmware that it recieved.

Router info:

Firmware Version:    20.8.0 Model
Name:    MI424WR-GEN2
Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

Here's the link for the bad firmware I downloaded:

https://cpe-ems1.verizon.com/firmware/Actiontec_MI424WR-GEN2_20.08.00.rmt

0 Likes
Re: Hostname Resolution Failed on new MI424WR-GEN2
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
You can always try to do a firmware restore.  I take it, since you were messing with the NAT, you are familiar with getting into your router.  Log in, click on Advanced at the top and find the link for firmware restore.  It hopefully should backup your firmware to a previous version.
0 Likes
Eric_T
Thanks DzWR, but it's not there.  I checked with a co-worker, and apparently the link on the page has been removed with the new routers (Rev E, generation 2).
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, I guess the restore wouldn't help with that.

Try this:   http://www2.verizon.net/micro/actiontec/actiontec.asp

Believe that is an older firmware version, link at least shows 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7

0 Likes
bennid

Hello,

I'm hitting this same issue with the gen 2.  Did this firmware update fix the issue?

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

I haven't yet investigated this issue, so please forgive me if this sounds ignorant:    Since you were adding NAT translations to the router and then you got a firmware upgrade (which installs a default configuration [designated by someone else]), will your problem be fixed if you just add the NAT translations to the updated router?