How do I file a complaint about a routing issue so bad
cmastro24

I recently disconnected my services due to necessity.  I had a route issue, on Verizon's network, between my home and a VOIP provider, sipreglax.incontact.com.  Multiple technicians came out to my house, and supervisors on the phone could not give me to a network technician.  When a truck roll happend, I got the tech to get me a network technician who was snide, rude, told me he would not support me without Verizon's equipment.  So I hooked up the actiontec router and he said lines were fine and that he could not help.

I was sad I had to switch services, and by sad, I mean I felt like I was moving back to dial up going to cable.  If I didn't make the switch I would have lost my job.  I had been dealing with the issue for 5 days at which point I got a final warning, and my metrics at my job took a huge hit because of it.

I want to complain that because of Verizon, I almost lost my job and because no one was willing to help that I also had to drop your service.

I would love to come back, I mean LOVE it if this could get resolved.  My Grandfather has fios and I check periodically to see if the issue was indeed resolved.  But it has been a month and a half now and it still exists.

0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint about a routing issue so bad
cmastro24

C:\Users\Alvin>tracert sipreglax.incontact.com

Tracing route to sipreglax.incontact.com [216.20.243.5]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     6 ms     2 ms     2 ms  Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2    11 ms     8 ms    10 ms  96.252.176.1
  3    13 ms    12 ms    15 ms  G0-9-1-7.TAMPFL-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
40.66]
  4    12 ms    14 ms    42 ms  so-4-0-0-0.TPA01-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81
.199.28]
  5   110 ms    45 ms   122 ms  xe-3-1-0-0.DFW9-BB-RTR2.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
23.148]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8    71 ms    71 ms    70 ms  0.ae4.XL4.LAX1.ALTER.NET [140.222.227.129]
  9    88 ms    68 ms    69 ms  0.xe-11-2-0.GW2.LAX1.ALTER.NET [152.63.4.197]
 10    71 ms    72 ms    72 ms  incontact-gw.customer.alter.net [157.130.230.6]

11    71 ms    70 ms    69 ms  216.20.243.5

That is the tracert, it fails everytime on hops 6 and 7

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

{You have received information in your private message box -- &gt . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes
cmastro24

Am I going to get this escalated?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cmastro24 wrote:

Am I going to get this escalated?

If you work with the agent who sent you a message, they can help get that escalated. They can't escalate anything until you give them information on what they need.

0 Likes
cmastro24

I wasn't asked for any information

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cmastro24 wrote:

I wasn't asked for any information

Strange. Usually when the staff here send those PMs they will ask you for some information to get started. To be sure, you're checking here?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Likes
cmastro24

Yes 🙂 I checked there but there were emails that two of my posts have been removed.

0 Likes
cmastro24

Smith, if you could get a mod to look into this, it'd really be appreciated.  Sick of no TV and getting charged 96 a month for just internet.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

to me it looks like your problems start in your home;  Are you wireless?  your MS inside your home should never be above 1ms, and you're immediately 600% worse in your home than you should be.  If you're wired, then you need to change your ethernet cable, or try a different lan port, if you're wireless then you need to run the wifi connection correction wizard using the in home agent.

You mention that it fails at hop 6 and 7 and it's not actually failing there.  If it were failing there, then your packets wouldn't pass those hops and so it would never make it to hop 8 9 or 10.     Those routers ICMP replies were simply turned off administratively.   

1 6 ms 2 ms 2 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]

0 Likes